20 Questions With Brendan Maher
- When are you happiest?
At home on the couch with my girlfriend Aoife watching a good Netflix series!
- What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
If you are stagnant you are falling behind
- What’s your most treasured possession?
- Past, present or future, which five people are on the guest list for your ideal dinner party??
Conor Moore, Shane Lowry, Tom Brady, Conor McGregor and Lewis Capaldi
- Do you have any pre-match rituals?
Not really – I like to go out for breakfast or lunch the day before but not a ritual!
- What is one moment in GAA history that you will never forget?
Our 2010 All Ireland win against Kilkenny
- What quote do you live by?
Today I will do what others won’t, so that tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
- A film you’d watch again tonight?
- What is your favourite post-exercise snack?
Protein smoothie – 250mls Milk, 1 banana, mixed berries and 1 scoop Vanilla Protein
- What advice would you give to young hurlers who have ambitions of playing for their county?
Always try to improve, even when you think you have mastered something. Never stop believing
- What is your all-time favourite food?
- What song on your gym playlist always gets you in the zone?
Andy Grammer – Don’t give up on me
- Your idea of hell on earth?
- Who is the one sports person living or dead that you wish you could meet?
- What is on your bucket list?
Travel around America
- Is there a simple nutrition tip you wish you knew sooner?
Knowing how much protein your body needs!
- It is your turn to cook, what is your go-to dinner you can throw together?
Chicken Stir Fry with brown rice.
- What living person do you most admire?
My Parents. (2 people I know!)
- How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who made a positive impact on the people who met me
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
I’m in the middle of opening my own gym. That’s probably up there!
Brendan Maher will be at the NDC stand at the National Ploughing Championships on the 17th September! Brendan will be taking part in a sports nutrition panel discussion, talking about his road to recovery from injury last year to All Ireland champions this year . Come visit us in Block 3, Row 18, Stand 397 #Ploughing19