Seriously Cheesy Breakfast Tacos
by Donal Skehan
Breakfast tacos were never something I made until I moved to Los Angeles. They are now our go to breakfast for friends! Go heavy on the cheese to ensure ultimate indulgence.
Irish Celebrity Chef Donal Skehan is the Irish Ambassador for the “Cheese. Your Way.” campaign, in partnership with European Milk Forum. To celebrate Donal’s support of this campaign he has crafted a series of inspiring, accessible, mouth watering recipes all using CHEESE! Check out Cheese Your Way for more!
- 1 Heat one tablespoon of the oil along with the chorizo and toss in the pan for 1-2 minutes until they pick up a little colour, set aside on a plate.
- 2 Wipe the pan clean and add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the butter to the pan, once the butter has melted add the eggs. Season. Cook gently, stirring, until just set. This will only take a minute, or less. Set aside.
- 3 Place tortillas onto the pan and spread over 1 tablespoon of the relish along with a quarter of the chorizo, eggs and cheese onto one half of the tortilla, folding the other half on top. Toast for a minute on each side until golden and the cheese has melted. Repeat with the remaining three tortillas.
- 4 To serve sprinkle with spring onions, coriander and a drizzle of hot sauce.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g good quality chorizo
- Diced 25g butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 100g vintage cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp Jalapeno relish
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper