Win A Chance To Shoot A Video With Donal Skehan
Announcing their ongoing support of the European Cheese campaign in Ireland, the National Dairy Council has joined up with the European Milk Forum again for 2019’s initiative, “Cheese. Your Way.” which is aimed at encouraging more Irish consumers to enjoy quality cheese from Europe. To kick off this year’s campaign, Irish celebrity chef Donal Skehan has been announced as the official ambassador of the Irish campaign.
To celebrate Donal’s support of the “Cheese. Your Way.” campaign, the National Dairy Council and European Milk Forum have launched a competition for social media-savvy foodies from across Ireland to create a short food video or recipe about cheese. The winner and one friend will get to visit Donal at his home in LA, take in a video workshop to learn more about food styling, and take in the sights of LA.
Well-known for his accessible, inspiring and encouraging recipes geared to the everyday home cook, Donal will be helping to promote everyone’s secret food addiction – Cheese! Speaking about the partnership, Skehan said, “I’m delighted to support the National Dairy Council and European Milk Forum’s “Cheese. Your Way.” campaign, to encourage more Irish consumers to enjoy the best of European cheese. We’ve got a great line-up of recipes that celebrate the diverse and unique cheeses available so time to get into the kitchen and get cooking!”
Cheese is a concentrated source of protein, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins B12 and K2, and is low in lactose. The pan-European campaign, which is supported locally by Skehan and the National Dairy Council, is being implemented to educate Irish consumers on the importance of including cheese in their everyday diets in a variety of traditional and contemporary ways.
Commenting on the 2019 “Cheese. Your Way.” Campaign, Cathy Curran, Communications Manager at the National Dairy Council, said, “We are delighted to have Donal on board as our ambassador for this year’s European Cheese campaign. Ireland boasts a rich agricultural heritage, adding a great range of high quality traditional and artisan cheeses to the overall European cheese offering and we believe Donal will be an inspirational figure to educate this campaign’s younger audience on the many ways of incorporating European cheese into everyday meals.”
Cathy continued, “We are excited to be able to launch the “Cheese. Your Way.” campaign by offering one lucky foodie the opportunity to fly to LA with a friend and experience a culinary workshop with Donal in the coming months! In addition to offering this once in a lifetime, money-can’t-buy competition, we are looking forward to working alongside Donal throughout the year to develop cheese-focused content, activities and special appearances to further promote the consumption of European cheese throughout Ireland.”
“European cheese offers great diversity, quality and taste and can complement a vast range of cooking styles and dishes for many occasions, Donal added. “I am enormously excited to work with the National Dairy Council in launching the opportunity for an Irish foodie to travel to my home in LA to cook up some delicious European cheese-inspired dishes.”
The competition is open to all ‘social media-savvy’ foodies 18 years and over from across Ireland. To enter the competition simply record and send an original video telling us about yourself and why you love cooking with cheese to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook message to @TheCompleteNatural by 5pm on Friday 28th June 2019.
For full competition terms and conditions please see below.
CHEF DONAL SKEHAN COOKING COMPETITION | TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition is open to all ‘social media savvy’ foodies 18 years old and over from the Republic of Ireland and the prize enables the winner and a plus one aged 18 or over to attend a workshop with Donal Skehan at his home in Los Angeles, USA.
- To enter the competition, you must record and send us an original video telling us about yourself and why you love cheese (further notes and tips included on website)
- Entries should be sent to email@example.com or sent as a message to @TheCompleteNatural via Facebook messenger. Please include a contact name and phone number within the entry.
- The deadline to enter the competition is 5pm on Friday 28th June 2019. Entries submitted after this time will not be considered.
- The file format of the video content received should be .mp4, .mov or .avi format.
- By submitting your entry, your email address will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than the competition submission.
- The entry submission must be the entrant’s own original work and not defame nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. Any material that is deemed unsuitable will be removed from the judging process and disqualified.
- By entering the competition, all entrants warrant that they own the rights to their entry and that it is original to them, does not infringe the intellectual, privacy or publicity rights of any third party, has not been entered in or won previous competitions or awards and has not been previously published. Entrants agree to assign with full guarantee to the National Dairy Council (NDC) and its affiliates all rights, title and interest in the competition entries so that the NDC may use entries in any media without limitation and without additional review, compensation or approval from entrants or other parties including, but not limited to, the right to adapt, modify crop and amend the entry. The winner agrees not to assert any moral rights in their entry.
- The NDC reserves the right to request proof of age.
- The winner will be informed via email / telephone w/c Monday 15th July 2019. Due to the nature of the prize the winner must confirm receipt of the prize no later than 4pm on Monday 22nd July 2019.
- The culinary workshop will take place in Los Angeles in October 2019. Full details regarding travel arrangements and accommodation will be supplied to the competition winner once final date is confirmed.
- It is the responsibility of the winner and plus one to ensure their availability to travel to and from Los Angeles on the selected dates and attend the culinary workshop. If they cannot attend, another winner will be chosen.
- It is the responsibility of the winner and plus one to ensure they have correct passport and visa documentation to enter the United States in October 2019.
- The NDC accepts no responsibility for any cancellation, changes to the date or venue. No refunds or compensation will be given in the event of cancellation, delay or postponement but every effort will be made to reschedule.
- The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be given.
- The winner will be required to create a short video about their stay in LA to include visiting a cheese shop and other culinary hot spots, this will be edited and shown on the NDC channels following the trip.
- Take part in reasonable photographic and other publicity in connection with this promotion with no further recompense, including, but not limited to, having their names and photographs featured on the NDC’s social media platforms.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the NDC cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage arising from winners taking a prize or attending a venue, which they do at their own risk.
- By taking part in the competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- The decision of the NDC is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.