The RePear Smoothie Recipe
Here we have it – The RePair Smoothie Recipe! This recovery drink is one of the smoothies we have been serving at the Dairy Bar on The Complete Natural Recovery Tour (So far The Recovery Tour has stopped at WellFest, Dublin 7’s and Hell & Back!)
One of the main ingredients in this smoothie recipe is Milk, which is an excellent source of protein and is made up of the dairy proteins whey and casein, which are well-recognised in performance nutrition.
Milk also provides:
- Carbohydrate (lactose) to begin the refuelling of energy stores after exercise;
- Fluid with electrolytes (e.g. potassium) to assist with hydration;
- A matrix of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iodine and B
We also use ProU greek style yogurt in this recipe, a delicious and natural way of getting high levels of calcium, protein and vitamin D in our recovery smoothies.
This recipe is super simple, packs a punch (nutritionally speaking).. and is one of our fav recovery meals.
The RePair Benefits:
100% or your RI of Calcium
100% of your RI Vitamin D
32% of your RI for Vitamin B12
(based on the ingredients listed)
In order to perform at your best next time, it’s important to give your recovery the same attention as your training session or workout.
“Eating well is essential and adapting your nutritional intake to your sport is a necessity.” – Rob Kearney, International Rugby Player.
- 1 Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- 2 Blend until frothy. Drink immediately.
- 200ml milk
- 150G ProU Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Handful of ice